Welcome Guest

Please login or register to access downloadable content.

Register Log in
  • Please Register/Login to be able to see the links and download our ressources.

Files Needed for HFW( Hybrid Firmware)

Hey guys, before I start, the files I'm about to mention may be the right or wrong.
B7U3 C50SS helped me some deciding which files are appropriate to make a newer version of HFW for 4.70,etc. However,
this firmware can be only installed on 3.55 or less(that I know of).

There might be a way to reverse this action with reverse engineering in the main files.
These files are the .XML files and the files that have the XMB configuration code
and layout stuff in them.

This way, if we somewhat edit these to the newer versions of OFW,
and possibly the different keys like Blame's Curve Type equation,
and my graph I gave B7U3 C50SS that shows Blame's equation in action,
and this equation is pretty much familiar in a format of an Algebra 2 problem.

B7U3 C50SS can explain more of this on via Skype or Private Message on here or Twitter. This is just my theory of how the chances of changing all the internals of the files could output a new HFW that will hopefully work on the newer OFWs.

Message me via Twitter, on here, or Skype for more input on this theory.

All my info is in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Jakt im sure your already familiar with this but as far as i know pup files are not encrypted themselves but since the core os images are validated on flash when a new update is written to the nor /nand
of the ps3 its using its own working aes hardware algorithm to check hv and make sure core os files have not been tampered or modified , now we can mimic sonys encryption and signing methods easily but since the crypto ppu routines have been slightly altered since 3.41, ahem we are on 4.7xx fimwares right now for ofw we may get lucky and find a get xor method going thru ida
the only problem in reverse engineering any of these files is checking the hv for complete validation as the whole hardware checking function is a complex operand based on timing and power pumped out during the intial check.imagine decapping a cpu lol.... just the ps3 alone at run time is hard to translate into actual maths for the hardware algo. mind u its aes 128 , like iphone so even if you cant reverse its easy to spot where the initial checks happen in between.